Before we get into all the technical, but super important stuff, we want you to know that you are our first priority. In fact, we built this ticketing portal with you in mind. We are a Not For Profit Registered Charity with a vision to bring people just like you together to experience some of the best Christian artists and speakers visiting our fine shores and those who live here – but who you just don’t know about yet!
We are committed to upholding your trust and keeping you in control of the personal information you share with us. For this reason it is important you know what information CMAA (Christian Media & Arts Australia – also known here as “MINTIX” and “we”), collects about you and how we go about using it.
Following is all the super important stuff that explains the detail. But if you have any further questions you can always contact us. The ways you can contact us are (strangely enough!) in the ‘Contact Us” tab.
OK…lets get to the super important stuff.
The information we collect about you can be Personal Information (information that identifies you as an individual. Things like your name, date of birth, address, email address and so on) or Anonymous Information. (This is information like the type of browser you use and your geographic location. This information doesn’t provide us personal information about you as an individual – but hopefully allows us to give you a seamless experience when engaging with our Sites)
We collect Personal Information when you purchase a ticket on our site. We use this information to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering the service you have purchased, and, where you’ve told us to keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you.
We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from you if you are under 18 years of age. So if you are under the age of 18, you will need the consent of your parent or legal guardian to use our sites.
Where we get your information.
The information about you comes to us in three main ways.
- From you directly – when you register for one of our events, subscribe to an email list for updates about events, enter a competition or respond to a promotion. We also receive personal information about you when you choose to connect and interact with us on social media.
- From Cookies on our Sites
Cookies allow us to record information whenever you visit our Sites.
Cookies allow us to tailor your experience on our Sites. If you choose to block cookies (including some third party cookies such as YouTube, Spotify, Facebook and Instagram) some experiences may not work as intended on our Sites.
The information we collect from cookies allow us to analyse information in order to help make your experience with our Sites easier to use and more relevant to you. The information we collect may include your internet browser type, your computer’s IP address, the webpage visited before our Sites, webpages visited on our Sites, time spent on those webpages, items and information searched for on our Sites, access times and dates, and other statistics.
We also gather information that allows us to understand how users interact with us. This information is provided through Google’s suite of tools including, but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Remarketing and Google Display Network Impression Reporting. For all the details on how Google protects your privacy, see http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- From our Event and Promotional partners. These partners will also be required to let you know that your information will be provided to us. We may collect Personal Information from these event and promotional partners in order to communicate about things like future events, competitions and promotions or gather feedback about our services. Naturally, you have control of how we use your personal information – and this is detailed below.
Just so you know…
There is no obligation for you to disclose your Personal Information to us. However, if you choose to withhold certain key information you may not be able to register for certain events, competitions or promotions and you will be unable to access certain areas of our Sites.
What we do with your information
We and our third-party service providers use the information you provide and we obtain from Cookies and our Event and Promotional Partners in the following ways:
- To fulfill our obligations to you for the service/s you have requested we provide to you. These are things like providing you tickets you have purchased, information for a competition or a promotion you have entered.
- For a specific purpose that you have requested from us. These are things like accessing VIP opportunities, special pre sale information and tickets and the like.
- To allow us or our third party service providers to make you aware of future events and services that may be relevant to you and that you have authorised us, or indicated to us that you would like to receive, news relating to our Sites, events, promotions, artists or our Event and Promotional Partners.
- For our own evaluation and analytical purposes to help us improve our Sites and make your experience as relevant and simple as it can be. These are things like providing information about events that are in your area. This information also helps us steward resources well when it comes to advertising and promoting events through social media our Sites and other marketing and communication platforms.
The reasons we share (disclose) your Personal Information
It is necessary that we disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to serve you well and fulfill our obligations to you. These include:
- To provide a service you have requested of us
- To customise and let you know about events, services, competitions, special offers and promotions which we believe may be of interest to you.
When it comes to disclosing your Personal Information for these purposes we are bound by the requirements of the law and the things you have consented for us to use your Personal Information for. Where we have needed to disclose your Personal Information, where possible we will impose the restrictions on third party service providers that are subject to the Privacy Act 1988.
Your voluntary disclosure of your Personal Information
Information that you voluntarily submit and/or share on any of our Sites (such as social media posts and images from events, comments submitted) may become public information. Where you voluntarily disclose such information, we are not responsible for the use and disclosure of the information.
As a result it may be available to the general public, and/or may be redistributed by the general public. We may also choose to use and share such information in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use. (LINK)
Other than information you voluntarily submit into the public domain as outlined above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party unless you have authorised us to do so or where we are legally required to do so.
Our Commitment to Security, Access and Accuracy
We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorised access to it by those who do not have a legitimate need for it.
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Information we are holding about you, simply send us an email requesting your Personal Information.
We also know things change from time to time, so if you believe we are holding Personal Information about you which is incorrect or out of date please also contact us.
Third party websites
Getting in contact with us:
We welcome contact – especially if you have a concern or believe we have not served your needs. We will endeavour to rectify any privacy related issues upon first contact with us. You can make contact with us by emailing [email protected]
You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) – however we invite you to make contact with us first and provide us the opportunity to resolve any issue or concern you may have.